Barclay's Premier League Match - Next EPL Football Game

Next Barclays Premier League Fixture Tuesday January 31

Premier League Table

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Barclays Premier League - Portsmouth appointed Adam

Adams has been appointed new Manager for Portsmouth.

The former Arsenal captain signed a two-and-a-half year contract until the end of the 2010/11 season.

Adam said "It's a great opportunity and one I'd be mad to turn down. I'm very excited, I can't wait to get going.

"I've been here for two-and-a-half years so it was business as usual this morning, except Harry's charm and fun was gone

"I've got some great players at Portsmouth and I have been kind of responsible as well for helping Harry to bring them to the club.

"I was at home thinking, 'I don't want anyone else to get this job'."

he further added that "We've got some very good players here at the club so I'm delighted that other clubs want them. But it's my job to keep them here."

Adams also had word with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger before accepting his first Premier League management job.

"I spoke to Arsene last night for some advice, and he said, 'Welcome to hell!'"

No comments: